What are dental crowns?
A dental crown is used to protect and restore damaged teeth. Our durable crowns have both a restorative and a cosmetic function; a crown can improve your smile’s health and function while also enhancing its beauty.
What are dental crowns used for?
A dental crown, or cap, is a restoration that can be used for a number of purposes. One common use for a dental crown is to restore a tooth that is significantly damaged or decayed. The crown is custom made to fit over the entire tooth, starting at the gum line, in order to restore the tooth to its original shape and size. Dental crowns can be made of gold, porcelain, or porcelain fused to metal; porcelain crowns are popular since they match the natural color and appearance of your teeth. Our dentist will help you determine which type of dental crown is right for your smile.
Your smile may benefit from a crown if a tooth is damaged or decayed to the point that a dental filling will not provide a successful restoration. Dental Crowns can also be used for a number of other restorative and aesthetic purposes, including:
• Protecting a tooth following a root canal treatment.
• Anchoring and attaching a dental bridge.
• Covering and completing a dental implant.
• Enhancing the beauty of your smile.
• Improving a misshapen tooth.
• Strengthening a tooth that is fractured or weakened.
• Supporting a large filling when little natural tooth structure remains