What are Dental Bridges?
A dental bridge is a fixed dental restoration, meaning it is non-removable. The dental bridge is anchored in place using two dental crowns. The bridges are custom made to fit your smile and are placed on the teeth or dental implants next to the space left by the missing tooth. These crowns hold the artificial tooth in place, which ensures that your restoration will not easily shift or come loose. It typically requires only two visits to complete the dental bridge. Dental bridges are designed to last for many years and to restore the function, beauty, and health of your smile.
Do I Need Dental Bridges?
Dr. Fink may recommend a dental bridge to close the gaps in your smile left by missing teeth. When Dr. Fink places a dental bridge, it will provide you with a beautiful and functional smile in addition to renewing your appearance, supporting your facial structure, preventing your remaining teeth from shifting, and improving your bite.
Dr. Fink may recommend a dental bridge to improve your smile by:
• Restoring your ability to speak, eat, and chew as normal.
• Alleviating excess stress on the bite
• Improving the shape and volume of your face
• Replacing an unwanted removable partial denture
• Preventing the remaining natural teeth from moving out of position
• Enhancing the appearance of your smile